- Just for fun. Are dogs smarter than cats? Dr. Britta Osthaus says yes. Dogs win after conducting three tests using string. The string probably threw the cats off.
- Unfortunately, Southern Baptist news of NAMB president removal hit’s the Atlanta Journal. The secular news makes us sound too much like a big business. The Gospel could have been mentioned.
- On a positive Southern Baptist note, new website PRAY4GCR.com has launched. This is short for Praying for the Great Commission Resurgence. Please join us in prayer.
- You’ve heard of Netflix, now you’ve heard of Purtian Picks. You read that right! Puritan Picks is a Christ-centered DVD lending library. I’ll be curious to see how this works out. I hope it succeeds. I plan on using them. Check out their selections.
- Two reviews, same book: The Noticer. Interesting how two Christians who seem to mostly agree see the same book. Bro. Aaron’s review and mine.
- Steve McCoy has some great, yet simple ideas about reaching out in your community. His ideas are good, but they should also give you some brain storming ideas of your own. Check it out.
- Connie Dever, wife of Mark Dever, now has her curriculum available for teaching pre-school and elementary age children. It’s The Praise Factory and it’s very affordable. It starts at free.
- Interested in King James Only issues and textual criticism? Join two heavy hitters on this subject this Thursday at 7pm est. Dr. Dan Wallace joins Dr. James White on The Dividing Line webcast. Tune in here. (For those who have trouble with time zones click here.)
- I love it when Christian bloggers appreciate their wives on their anniversary like bro. David does. I’m a little jealous ’cause he just celebrated 24 and I only 4.
The above article was posted on August 4, 2009