The name Here I Blog was inspired by Martin Luther’s speech at the Diet of Worms. Luther was asked to recant of his writings against the Roman Catholic Church. Instead, he stood his ground (allegedly) concluding, “Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen.”
In the spirit of Luther’s stand, Here I Blog offers conservative, broadly Evangelical perspectives from various contributors. Contributors must agree with the following broadly Evangelical statement of faith.1 (However, those from a more liberal Christian perspective will be considered.)
- The Bible, consisting of 66 books, is the inspired, the only infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God in its original autographs.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God and Man in One Person. He was born of a virgin, lived sinlessly, and we vicariously have our sin atoned for by His shed blood and death. He died, was bodily resurrected, and ascended to the right hand of God the Father, and He will personally return in power and glory.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for salvation.
- Eternal life is received by faith alone – that is, by trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- Good works do not add to or attain salvation or justification. Rather, good works give evidence of true saving faith.
- The Holy Spirit indwells all true believers enabling them to live a holy life.
- Both the saved and the lost will be resurrected from the dead. The saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- All true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ have a spiritual unity.
- The local church is established by God as the primary base of operation for evangelistic activity in the world.
- Every true believer is commissioned by Christ to make disciples of all nations.
If you are interested in contributing, please use the CONTACT page. Include an affirmation, or exception, of the above statement of faith and either an article submission or an inquiry.
Here I Blog…
- The site owner reserves the right to make adjustments as deemed necessary. ↩